Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Holidays

My husband and I met thanksgiving day 1999. We knew each other online from a science fiction themed chat room for about four years. He kept asking me for coffee, but I was kind of distracted and we didn't meet.

I never "dated" online, I always wanted to meet someone in person first, then if they seemed nice, maybe go out. In 1995, I broke up with my man friend and when I found myself without anywhere to go for thanksgiving, my now husband asked if I would like to come to his house. I declined.

In 1997, we were talking again and he told me about his plans to go to Mexico and celebrate turkey day there. As a joke, he invited again. I laughed at him and again said no. Someone online told me that my now husband was "weird," and that kind of put me off meeting him.

The summer of 1998, a mutual friend from online told me that my Murry was "Cool to hang out with. He's just a guy and not weird." So when turkey day rolled around and a bunch of online friends were heading to his house, I got yet another invitation. I almost went that year, but it just didn't happen.

I spent the spring of 1999 out of the country at college. When I got back, my now out of work roommate went off to stay with his parents for the month of July and it became clear we weren't quite getting along. So November rolled around and I saw Murry online and asked "aren't you going to invite me for thanksgiving?" He laughed at me and invited and we have hardly been apart since.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

No comments: