Friday, July 17, 2009

Gem Review: Enter the Lone Ranger


Okay, so Clayton Moore's acting leaves something to be desired, but I found myself on the edge of my seat. If an old black and white TV series can do that, it deserves my kudos.

This encompasses the first three episodes of the series telling us of the Texas Rangers and how a group of six were betrayed by a dastardly villain. How one survived and makes a mask out of his dead brother's vest. He sets about righting the wrongs done tio him. We learn how he meets his Indian friend Tonto. Jay Silverheels shines as the faithful nondescript native American. He looked great fighting too.

Moore looked a little stiff all around, but I believed him anyway. It's amazing watching all the horse action too. We learn why the ranger decides to use silver bullets and where he finds his horse silver.

Maybe a bit violent for little little kids, but real decent all around. Maybe I'm just a big kid, but I had fun. Pop some popcorn and return to the glory days of the old west.

Look for DVDs under either "Enter the Lone Ranger" or just "Lone Ranger" in Bandon, Coquille or Powers. It's only a few episodes, so if you want to see more, check Netflix or some other source.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0635481/

Buy this fine DVD from Amazon: The Lone Ranger, 4 Full Length Episodes

No comments: