Monday, February 16, 2009

Movie Review: Abraham - the Secret Behind "the Secret"

Abraham - the Secret Behind "the Secret"

I watched this expecting to despise it. Let me be clear, I DO NOT subscribe or expect anyone else to subscribe to any particular aspect of this philosophy. I say that because I think some of it is quite nutty. That having been said, I found it quite interesting.

This DVD covers several segments of what seems to be the same interview of Esther and Jerry Hicks. They claim they get messages from "Abraham" who they explain is a kind of spirit guide. They provide details of how life should be, how we as physical beings can bring what we desire into our life by imagining it.

My struggle with this is I know it's a kind of truth. Though I'm unconvinced it's a spiritual thing. To me, it seems rather an obvious life awareness. If we have a clear idea of what we want, we see opportunities to have it.

Watch the DVD and let me know if you have any reaction to it. I'm glad I did. I did find it interesting and amusing. Look in Bandon for the DVD. I saw no reference to the DVD called "The Secret," seems to be a marketing technique to capitalize on the similar self help concept.

I couldn't find any IMDB listing.

Check out Amazon's listing for this DVD:
: Introducing Abraham - The Secret Behind "The Secret"

No comments: